Wine by the glass
1. Sauvignon BlancCape Mountain - South AfricaSoft and fruity Sauvignon delivering a full flavour.
2. Verdejo Semidulce Pampano - Spain"Wow" wine from Spain which, although medium dry, is so good that any white wine drinker will love it.
3. ChardonnayAromo - ChileFull-flavoured and full bodied with a distinctive weighty style.
4. Pinot GrigioVista Collina - ItalyDry, spicy and full of fruit flavour. A superior Pinot from Umbria.
5. Grenache Merlot Les Vignerons - FranceVery pale dry pink in the Provencale style. Crisp and light.
6. Sun GateWhite Zinfandel - USA Sweet but Fresh and showing good balancing acidity
7. Merlot Vin de Pays d'OcLes Rouquets - FranceFull-flavoured and full bodied with a distinctive weighty style.
8. Cabernet SauvignonAromo - ChileBig and full-on style of Cabernet with clear varietal traits
26. Prosecco Extra DryMarsuret - ItalyDelightful northern Italian sparkler from the local Prosecco variety. A lovely sweetness on the finish adds class.
9. Cotes du Rhone Blanc Samorens Ferraton - FranceWhite Chateauneuf-du-Pape is a rarer and wonderful thing and this simple Rhone gives a strong impersination of the dry, stone fruited style
10. Muscadet du Grand Poirier - France A welcome return to the Fisherman's Wharf list for this classic wine. This example is bone-dry but full-flavoured.
11. Picpoul de Pinet Domaine Reine Juliette - FrancePossibly the perfect white wine for drinking with fish, this dry French classic comes from the deep South of France
12. Sauvignon Blanc Herringbone Hills - New ZealandMalborough Sauvignon at its best positively bursts with flavour. This example has that fantastic typicity but also tantalising restraint
13. Viognier Aromo - ChileJuicy Fruit Viognier in the full-fat new world style. Wonderful balance from a difficult variety
14. Vinho Verde Portao da Eira Colheita - FranceSimple, fresh, zingy and light bodied; this Vinho Verde has a subtle but refreshing spritz on the tongue and makes a terrific afternoon wine.
15. Verdejo Blanco Bitacora - Spain A beautiful dry, crisp white from the Rueda region of Spain. Far more fruit and complexity than the price suggests.
16. Albariño Castel de Fornos Bodegas Chaves - France Albariño is the white grape variety local to the Northwest corner of Spain called Rias Baixas. It is a full-bodied, dry wine perfectly suited to drinking with shellfish.
17. Sancerre Authentique Thomas Labaile - FranceStunning grass and gooseberry juicy freshness. More akin to a Malborough Sauvignon than the usual austere Sancerre.
18. Rully St. Jacques Albert Sounit - FranceAlthough the Village may not be as famous as Puligny or Meursault, the wine it produces can still surprise and impress.
19. Sauvignon Blanc Aromo - ChileDrier than a lot of Chilean Sauvignons and possessing a very appealing fruitiness. Very popular and always reliable.
20. Syrah Rosé Domaine Reine Juliette - FranceMid-pink in colour and with an attractive strawberry nose. A dry, classic styled wine from the South of France
21. Pinot Grigio Blush Vista Collina - ItalyThe Merest Hint of Colour confirms this as a true “Blush” wine with minimal skin contact. Dry, full bodied and really, really good.
22. Malbec Cahors Metairie Grand du Theron - FranceClassic and traditional chewy but approachable style of Malbec makes a perfect accompaniment to a piece of beef for those not fancying fish.
23. Rioja Cosecha Ruiz de Viñaspre - SpainA touch of oak ageing lifts the fruit beautifully.
24. Gamay Celliers de Beaujardin - FranceAnother classic; fruity and soft loire red which will be served chilled unless you request otherwise. Red with fish? Why not?
25. Shiraz Murphy's - AustraliaAlmost unbelievably smooth and drinkable spicy red. An absolute gem
26. Barolo Tre Ciabot Cascina Ballarin - ItalyMonster red from Piedmonte region of Northern Italy. The ingredients; weight, alcohol, fruit, acidity and tannins on a large scale but balance is fantastic. For the aficionado
27. Prosecco Extra Dry Marsuret - ItalyDelightful northern Italian sparkler from the local Prosecco variety. A lovely sweetness on the finish adds class.
28. Champagne Paul Clouet SelectionCraft produced Champagne representing great value - we cant believe how good it is. Dry and zingy.
29. Champagne Paul Clouet Grand Cru
Produced solely from Grand Cru Vineyards and in relatively small quantities, this beautifully presented Champagne is rich and full-flavoured with great length and style. The fizz is exceptionally gentle but long-lasting. Recommended.
30. Champagne Moet and Chandon Brut ImperialFamous wine from the biggest Champagne producer. Known and drunk everywhere.
31. Champagne Bonnaire Brut VarianceLuxury Cuvée where the wine has had a time maturing in oak casks. Soft, buttery and delicious.
32. Grandial Sparkling Rosé - ItalyWell presented bottle and a beautiful, dry pink sparkler inside.
33. Champagne Paul Clouet RoséThis pink Champagne has a beautiful onion skin colour and lovely dry attack on the palate. Finishes long and clean.
34. Champagne Bonnaie RoséFairly dark in colour and possessing a wonderfully full body. Bonnaire's pink is more than a match for the "big name brands"
Ruby QuevedoFull bodied and with a rare balance of fruit and acidity
White QuevedoA delicious alternative aperotif being sweet and complex. Great over ice.
Rosé QuevedoStunning example of this new breed of modern pink Ports. Sweet and full but also fresh and summery. Delicious.
Sanchez Romate Sherry
A superb and exciting range from the oldest Bodega in Jerez de la Frontera. All served cold.
Fino ‘Marismeno’ Very dry and light in body, this is a delightful aperitif.
Amontillado ‘NPU’ Being a true Amontillado, this is bone dry but slightly fuller than the Fino. Average 15 years old.
Cream ‘Iberia’ Sweet and luscious but never, ever cloying. Wonderful.
Oloroso ‘Don José’ Utterly delicious dry, nutty, quite dark Sherry. Average 30 years old. Bargain!
Visor - Belgian brewed Pilsner
Old Speckled Hen
Becks Blue Alcohol Free
FRUIT BEERS & CIDER
Magners Cider - Apple
Kopparberg Cider (Mixed Fruit, Pear, Strawberry & Lime)
SPIRITS & LIQUEURS
Bourbons & Whiskeys
Gin - Gordons or Bombay Sapphire
Thunder Toffee Vodka
Vermouths, Aperitifs – Campari & Pimms
Remy Martin VSOP
Tequila Sunrise Tequila, orange Juice, pineapple juice and grenadine
Blue Lagoon Blue Curaçao, vodka, lemonade
Long Island Iced Tea Vodka, Gin, Light Rum, Triple Sec, Tequila, Lemon & Cola
Porn Star Martini Vodka, Passionfruit Liqueur, Passionfruit Puree, Prosecco Chaser
CosmopolitanVodka, Cointreau, Cranberry Juice & Lime
Margarita Tequila, triple sec, lime juice & salt
PIMMS & SANGRIA
Pimms and lemonade
Bellini Prosecco and Peach Schnappes
Kir Royale Prosecco & Creme Cassis
Appetisers & Starters
Traditional Fish & Chips
Steaks, Lobster & Grilled Fish
Meals To Share
Seasonal Set Menu
Tel: 01702 346773Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fisherman’s WharfWestern Esplanade,Southend-on-Sea,Essex SS1 1EE
To join our mailing list and receive our newsletter for our latest news and special offers, click here
To keep up-to-date with us on Facebook & Twitter
Copyright © 2014 Fishermans Wharf Restaurant. Website by Northsouth Design